Struts is an open-source web application framework for developing Java EE web applications. It uses and extends the Java Servlet API to encourage developers to adopt a model-view-controller (MVC) architecture and relies on standard technologies like JavaBeans, java servlets and JSP (java server pages).
The struts framework provides three key component:
- a request handler (provided by the application developer) which is mapped to a standard URI;
- a response handler which transfer control to another resource that completes the response;
- a tag library that helps developers create interactive form-based applications with server pages.
It was originally created by Craig McClanahan and donated to the Apache Foundation in May, 2000. Formerly located under the Apache Jakarta Project and known as Jakarta Struts, it became a top-level Apache project in 2005.
Struts is categorized as a request-based web application framework and it is available to any developer at no charge under the ASF license.
Reference Source : Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- struts is an open source framework provided by Apache
- struts is a server-side java implementation of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern